Experiencing a tire blowout is one of the main problems bike riders face. However, this is most common among those new to bike riding.
And this occurs for several reasons, which may not be so apparent to you. So, this article tells you why your bike tire keeps blowing out.
Moreover, you will be able to find solutions to this problem.
There are several reasons why your bike tire keeps blowing out. The reasons include overloading, old tires, damaged tread, punctures, lack of proper maintenance, environmental factors, such as excessive heat or cold, pinching tube, installation wrongly, and so on. But you should note the main reason is improper tire inflation. Improper tire inflation could be over-inflation or under-inflation.
Why Would A Bike Tire Explode?
Your bike tire can explode for numerous reasons, and I will mention and explain the reasons here, one after the other.
Therefore, below are why your bike blows the tire rim and explodes.
#1. Improper Tire Inflation
One of the reasons why your bike tire explodes is because of over-inflation or under-inflation.
Over-inflation is when you inflate your tire with air pressure higher than the recommended Pounds per square inch (PSI). The recommended tire pressure for most bikes ranges from 80-to 120 PSI.
When your tire is overinflated, it reaches its maximum pressure, pushing it to the breaking point, thereby making the tire blow rim.
Furthermore, if your tire is overinflated, the sidewalls and tread become harder than average, damaging your tire easily.
Your tire will start creeping out slowly off the rim if it’s overinflated until it explodes completely.
Over-inflation of an inner tube will make the tube explode, which causes the seam to blow out and finally leads to a tire explosion.
On the other side, under-inflation is the situation whereby you inflate your tire with air pressure lower than the recommended Pounds per Square Inch.
When your tire is under-inflated, it will build up excessive heat, causing the sidewalls to bend, eventually leading to the tire’s wear.
Another reason why your tire explodes is because of overloading. This is the situation whereby you cause your bike to carry a load that is heavier than what it can handle.
When your bike is overloaded, it loses the ability to stay together, leading to the tire blow rim.
Every bike comes with a manual, which encompasses some necessary information you need to know and practice to ensure your bike works efficiently.
Check your bike’s manual to determine the recommended ratings for the load your bike can hold up.
#3. Improper Installation
Incorrect mounting is another reason why your tire explodes. This is where your tire is not sitting where it is supposed to be.
In this situation, one part of the tire is sitting deep inside while the other is sitting far away. This occurs if the rim tape is enormous or not in alignment with the tire.
So, you can remove the tape and replace it with another one.
#4. Incorrect Tire And Rim Types
Your tire will explode if it’s not the same type as the rim. This may either be oversize or undersized.
You need to note that older rims are smooth while older tires’ bead rims are also smooth.
Modern rims on the other side are hooked, and there is a raised bead at the top of the brake tracks, while modern tires, like modern tires’ bead rims, are also hooked with a heightened bit on the surface of each edge of the tire.
So, you should be very careful of the type of rim and tire you use concurrently during installation to avoid mishaps. Older rims go with older tires, while modern rims go with modern tires.
#5. Punctures Or Cut
Punctures or cuts are other reasons why your tire blows the rim. Tire explosions can also be caused by punctures caused by nails or other sharp objects.
Your tire can also incur punctures if you are not careful of road hazards such as rocks, broken glass, potholes, etc. Any puncture from either of the two will deflate the inner tube.
The inner tube will start leaking air, which will also cause the tire to deflate. If you notice this on time, it’s repairable.
However, if it continues for a while without you noticing, the tire will deflate, which sometimes leads to it exploding.
#6. Worn Tires
Perhaps your tire is old enough for replacement, but if you refuse to replace it, it will keep wearing out until it damages.
Riding with flat, under-inflated, or worn-out tires will increase the possibility of blowing out.
In addition, abnormal wear or imbalance of your tire tread can cause the tire to explode. More so, this is risky and can lead to a severe accident.
#7. Environmental Factors
Environmental factors such as weather, season, and so on are also responsible for tire explosions. Tires and inner tubes are produced from rubber, which is a natural material.
Rubber is vulnerable to environmental factors and can damage over time due to unfavorable weather conditions such as excessive heat or cold.
If there is too much heat, the air inside the tube will expand, which can cause the inner tube of your tire to burst.
This is also applicable when the weather is cold. Excess moisture will reduce the tire’s air pressure, leading to stiffness and can also cause the tire to swell.
This can cause the tire to become flat, or sometimes, it can explode.
#8. Cheap/Fake Tire
Make sure to be going for quality when buying things. They may be expensive, but they are worth it.
For example, quality tires are durable and lasting for a long time. Doing this also saves you from irrelevant spending and even stress.
#9. Improper Maintenance
Lack of proper maintenance is also one of the main reasons your tire explodes. You should know when to park your bike outside and when not.
You should know where to ride at high speed and where to ride at low speed. In addition, you should know when to service your bike for good effectiveness.
How Do I Keep My Bike Tire From Blowing Out?
Now that you have discovered why your tire keeps blowing out, you must be very curious about what to do to avoid it exploding.
Worry less because I will be giving out instructions to follow to prevent this kind of situation.
Therefore, below are the things you must do to prevent your bike tire from blowing out and save yourself from the accident;
- The first safety precaution is properly inspecting your bike before riding it. Next, check your tire pressure frequently. If the pressure is low, do well to inflate it. You can use a hand pump, air compressor, or Co2 cartridge inflator. If it’s too high, decrease it to the normal pressure.
- Be careful of road hazards. When riding, do well to be careful of the road you are on. Avoid puncturing your tires with sharp objects. If there are potholes ahead of you, try to avoid them. However, there are some situations where you can’t avoid them. In this situation, reduce your speed before passing through the potholes and do not apply brakes directly to the potholes.
- Avoid overloading and ensure that the tire load and the speed ratings match each other. To know the ratings, check your bike manual.
- Always study the weather and your environment. Your tire is made of natural material, susceptible to environmental factors.
- Get quality tires for your bike. Do not be too reluctant to buy tires you will use for a long time. Always go for quality tires.
- Replace your worn tire when it’s due, do not procrastinate because it’s risky. Always inspect your tread for any unevenness and do well to replace it with a new one if necessary. Note that the more profound the tread on your tire, the better your traction. One particular manufacturing company recommends that you should replace your tire when the tread reaches 2/32 of an inch.
- Be careful when installing your tire. Ensure that the tire sits in the right place. Use tire and rim that match each other, and ensure that the tube is entirely inside.
For the effectiveness of your bike and, most significantly, for your safety, you must be able to know when your tire is due for replacement.
Follow the instructions above diligently to avoid tire explosion.
- Chat with thai singles – meet with the love of your life now - November 30, 2023
- 10 In Style Online Gambling Sites Obtainable Within The Uk Ranked By Online Video Games, Promos And Extra - November 23, 2023
- 1 Вин Авиатор На Официальном Сайте 1win Играть - November 11, 2023